I can't wait to share some fun grilling ideas. I'm relatively new to grilling (just got one last year), so if you have some ideas to share please email me or leave comments.
Anyway, my sister-in-law brought over a dessert that was fabulous and so easy to make I just had to post it immediately. I would have taken a picture, but we devoured it within minutes. She said she got the recipe from Giada de Laurentiis (the really pretty girl from Everyday Italian on the Food Network...although some argue that her head is huge and her arms are short...)
~This is seriously easy~
- 1 package of store bought sugar cookie dough (in the refrigerated section)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of strawberry jam (do it by feel)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- Smooth out the dough onto a small rimmed baking sheet (she used the medium Pampered Chef stoneware bar pan...7 3/4 X 11 1/2 inches*)
- Poke holes in it with a fork and then bake according to the time and temperature on the package (don't overbake it...let it stay soft and chewy)
- Allow to cool and then a layer of jam over the top. Then layer the fresh strawberry slices on top. Cut into squares and enjoy!
More to come on grilling in future posts. Happy unseasonably hot weather, everyone!