Our canning class got canceled on Sunday. Art had something urgent he needed to do that couldn't wait so he'll reschedule it for a date in the future.
So no canning recipes.
But I have a yummy lunch recipe that I've made and loved! I pack a lunch every single day and I'm not about to eat a sandwich everyday. I just can't handle having the same thing everyday for lunch. I also have an aversion to most lunch meat and PB and J five days in a row is a little overboard.
Sometimes I bring leftovers, but that's not always an option. This recipe yields enough to make two servings, so I was able to bring it two different days. It's refreshing and delicious. It's good hot or cold and it's easy to make.
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pita bread for serving (if desired)
- Combine couscous and hot water (I boiled my water). Cover and let sit 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and fold in walnuts, feta, grapes, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve with pita bread if desired. Refrigerate for up to a day (I kept it a few days and it was fine).