Because I love my grill.
I love it with my whole heart.
I love it so much I took its picture:
You can obviously do all sorts of fancy shmancy stuff on the grill...I don't really know how to do that yet since I have only grilled since last summer. However, I thought I would share a simple grilled meal with you.
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 peppers (I used a red one, a yellow one, and an orange one)
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning (I use the one sold by Pampered Chef)*
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Skewers (I use metal ones, but you can buy wooden ones that you need to soak in water ahead of time)
- Begin preheating the grill.
- Fill as many skewers as necessary with peppers. Then fill as many skewers as necessary with chicken. I skewer them separately in case one is done before the other, but I've also skewered them together before with good results.
- Drizzle olive oil over the peppers and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Jamaican Jerk seasoning on the chicken (I'm pretty generous with it).
- Place skewers on the grill and turn every few minutes until the peppers are a bit blackened and the chicken is cooked through (10-15 minutes)
- I made Spanish Rice (one of Lipton's "Fiesta Sides") to go on the side. I let the rice cook while the chicken and peppers were cooking.
- Remove the peppers and chicken from the skewers and plate them up with some rice.