9.22.2010

Lunch Lady



Our canning class got canceled on Sunday. Art had something urgent he needed to do that couldn't wait so he'll reschedule it for a date in the future.

So no canning recipes.

But I have a yummy lunch recipe that I've made and loved! I pack a lunch every single day and I'm not about to eat a sandwich everyday. I just can't handle having the same thing everyday for lunch. I also have an aversion to most lunch meat and PB and J five days in a row is a little overboard.
Sometimes I bring leftovers, but that's not always an option. This recipe yields enough to make two servings, so I was able to bring it two different days. It's refreshing and delicious. It's good hot or cold and it's easy to make.

Couscous Salad with Grapes and Feta

  • 1/2 cup couscous
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 oz)
  • 1/2 cup halved red seedless grapes
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • Pita bread for serving (if desired)
  1. Combine couscous and hot water (I boiled my water). Cover and let sit 10 minutes.
  2. Fluff couscous with a fork and fold in walnuts, feta, grapes, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve with pita bread if desired. Refrigerate for up to a day (I kept it a few days and it was fine).

3 comments:

  1. This was so delicious - I had it for lunch today! Thanks for another great recipe to add to my file.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I actually think I have all the ingredients on hand (wonder of wonders!!!). I'll giver 'er a try. Thank you for sharing your expertise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious. I might try it and add apples too since I have an apple grape combo obsession.

    ReplyDelete