1.15.2010

Year 1

I have been thinking a lot about this blog that past couple of days. Partly because I have so many ideas that I'd like to post, but just haven't had the chance yet. But I am also approaching the one year anniversary of when I started this blog. I'm not really into the whole "Blogiversary" thing, but I have done some reflecting on my experience as a "blogger" over the past year.

About a year ago, I was at a New Year's Eve party and was talking all about my cooking and new recipes and how excited I was to share them with my friends. I said that maybe I would put together some sort of packet of my recipes to share with everyone. One of my friends told me I should start a blog. I immediately dismissed the idea, thinking that I wouldn't be able to do it. I don't really consider myself a writer and thought I would just sound dumb.

We came home from the party and my husband began encouraging me to do it. He thought blogging was a great idea and said it would be a great place for me to keep my favorite recipes. With his prompting, I finally went on to blogger and set up this little blog. Since then, I've been blogging (sometimes often, sometimes not so often) about everything food related...recipes, food shopping, meal planning, cooking tools and gadgets, and even my own journey with food. I've found blogging to be such a wonderful hobby for me. It makes me feel productive and creative and it helps me communicate my love of food with others.

So there you have it...I love my blog. I've been pretty relaxed about posting the last few months, but maybe I'll get started up again during these cold winter months when I tend to hibernate. Even if I don't get to blogging as often as I'd like, I know this little blog will wait for me to pick right back up wherever I left off.

And for those of you who read my little piece of the internet...thanks for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment