I brought along my homemade peach jam and suggested we eat it with a French baguette and some nice sharp cheddar cheese. I also brought the rest of my apricot pie for us to indulge in after lunch.
Jill made a curry chicken salad that we ate over lettuce. I was delighted with this recipe and amazed at how simple and delicious it was. She said that her mom made up the recipe and taught her how to make it. I told her I would need to post it on my blog ASAP. She graciously gave me permission:
~This is great on a sandwich or on its own over lettuce~
- The white meat of 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin ribbons (I used a vegetable peeler)
- 1 tbsp honey
- approx. 1/2 cup of light mayonnaise (it was about two good scoops out of the jar)
- the juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (I love these, so I put a lot in)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (I actually didn't have these on hand when I made it today, so I left them out...but they taste great in it, if you have some)
- Combine the shredded chicken, carrot, honey, mayonnaise, lemon juice, golden raisins, curry powder, and almonds in a medium sized bowl. Stir until well combined. Serve over lettuce or on a sandwich. Store in the refrigerator.