6.24.2010

Spicy Sliders

As I meandered through the aisles of the grocery store, I came across a package of buns for sliders. As a lover of all miniature forms of food (mini hot dogs, mini tarts, mini quiches...I could go on and on), I decided to try out these miniature burgers.

So I had the slider buns and a pound of ground turkey (since I don't eat beef) and went hunting online for an interesting recipe for turkey burgers. I came across the one below on allrecipes.com and we loved them!

Cumin Turkey Burgers
~These taste and smell delicious!~

  • 1 egg
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (I only had the jarred kind on hand)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp ground mustard
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs (I used panko)
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (I only had a pound and it worked out fine)
  • 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted (I used 12 slider buns)
  • Toppings could include slices of cheese, lettuce, and tomato
  1. Mix the egg, jalapeno peppers, and garlic in a large mixing bowl until the egg is well blended. Add the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, mustard, paprika, chili powder, salt, bread crumbs, and turkey; mix well and form into 6 patties (or 12 mini patties for sliders).
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
  3. Cook the turkey burgers on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve on the toasted hamburger or slider buns with desired toppings (if using cheese, add to the top of burgers during the final moment or two of cooking).
I served a yummy salad on the side composed of baby spinach and arugula, fresh blueberries, fresh sliced strawberries, a dash of salt and pepper, and topped with a splash of olive oil and raspberry balsamic vinegar. What a fresh and tasty summer meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment